Wednesday 1 February 2012

It's competition entry time. That sad time of year when you realise you haven't shot anything worthwhile yet you still give someone $30 for your entry and hope for the best. I only enter 2 or 3 competitions a year and I like to keep them local.

So, I received an email the other day from Budapest. If this is not some form of spam mail where someone has applied a Photoshop filter to my photo then tries to sell me their "painting", I am truly flattered. It reminds me of that landscape painting that won the $25000 Wynne prize which looked exactly like the Dutch painting, "Boatmen Moored on the Shore of a Lake" by Adam Pynacker, circa 1660.

I just turned 30, my friends (with the help of an Amazon wishlist) got together and bought my Winogrand's book, Figments from the Real World. Inspiring work... I have lots of film in the fridge, time to forget everything while shooting. If I see something, just press the shutter. Somehow these 3 paragraphs are linked. *shrug*



2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Love the drawing... ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be on the same spam list as you are.I remember that painting. Aren't many paintings just copies of photographs :)

    ReplyDelete