Tuesday 7 February 2012


TELE-VISION

After looking at your last post Gary, I could not help but admire the quality which is created when you photograph a screen. Not only does a weird visual dialog occur (relating to observation), but Its kind of like being an image thief. I shoot tv's and computers a fair bit, especially when I see something a little odd on a screen, like the image bellow. I stole this photo from a massage store on Oxford street. This image is supposed to be a promotion? it plays over and over outside the store on a crappy digital screen....Let me just state that I don't feel too inspired to try it out...




1 comment:

  1. I had an idea once. There's a open world computer game that recreated the entire area of Bondi Beach in 3D. In the game you can customise your character appearence. Shoes, clothing, hair, skin colour etc.

    My idea was the find a friend, dressed them up exactly the same as the character in the computer game then pose them in exactly the same locations in Bondi as the computer game. Screen grabs from the computer game and real photos would be exhibited side by side.

    ReplyDelete