Sunday 5 February 2012

A Kodak Moment

"a rare, one time, moment that is captured by a picture, or should have been captured by a picture."
                                    from urban dictionary.

"A Kodak Moment is a rare, one-time moment captured with a photo or should have been captured by a photo."
                                    from kodak website.

On one of my usual sunday outings at a sunday market shooting,  this gentleman noticed my Rolleiflex and began chatting to me about his camera collection and the decline of film.  We walked away and bumped into each other  again at another stall selling this 'sign' for twenty bucks.  We both agreed that this was indeed a Kodak moment. 'Snap'.  
I am curious; has digital changed the way we capture Kodak moments? Do we have more Kodak moments now because we are always armed with some sort  camera (picture taking device)?  
I realised most of the photographs of my kids shot with my iPhone 
because it's always accessible. It's quick and instant in ability to show and share over messaging, email, Instagram, Facebook etc.  In a way it's like what polaroid is/was instant sharing and showing.

2 comments:

  1. I accidentally took my film camera out on a shoot today instead of my digital. I carry them both in identical bags hence the mix up. First time I shot on film in over 6 months. It felt unusual. I felt inhibited. Took less risk. Don't even know where I can get the film processed.

    The Instagram moment replaced the Kodak moment and Facebook replaced the family album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Where can I get that Kodak sign?

    ReplyDelete